YBNBY Logo

ornate line
Welcome to the YesButForum
user-pic

UNNA

As the Associated War Lord, Thugs Contractor and Armory Official for the United Nations of the New America, I hereby request the use of this space to start the foundations of a new world order to come.

Headed by our President Dave, his Number 1, ConservaLiberCrat_08 and the whole team we have gathered in the YBNBY Comments, we're going to start this new nation, a worldwide nation. Land of the freedom, home of the braves, were we are tough, sometimes rude, but we are fair in our judgments and application of the law.

Let the new times come!

"Quoniam nos orator"

24 Replies

Riot on, fellow readers...

I can't wait to see your flag.

said Baierman on August 25, 2008 11:47 PM.

I tried to post it here, but somehow it didn't work. Well, for those who want to see our flag, just head to http://picasaweb.google.com.br/leo.mdc and the flag is there.

Soon we will have more pics related to our little conspiracy.

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 12:13 AM.

I am deeply ashamed of you Leonardo Carvalho, this is anything but little.

said etantao on August 26, 2008 1:01 PM.

Why entantao?
I was trying to surprise you guys gathering a space for us to discuss the UNNA.

I did not put all the names in the crew, but it was not to get the fame for myself only.

What's the problem, dude?

said Leonardo Carvalho on August 26, 2008 1:46 PM.

Here Here. I feel that Scaramouch should post the flag as the skin for the forum.

said Jeni Gump on August 26, 2008 3:06 PM.

I think it's time that we start formal proceedings to temporarily replace our departed, fearless leader.

said Tim on September 10, 2008 11:17 AM.

Well, until we find out what's up on Dave, we should state CLC as the president of the UNNA.

She's the vice president, and she has been the one who could bring Dave back to his standards everytime he was to cross the line.

What do you think?

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 10, 2008 12:03 PM.

i get what you say LC, but we should keep and eye on CLC, she might know about Dave. you ever seen 24? 2:00 tick tock tick tock...

said etantao on September 10, 2008 2:03 PM.

Perhaps Dave has joined Dick Cheney in an underground bunker 2 miles below the surface? Was there an attempt on his life?

Perhaps he fell down and injured both his hands while running nude through the wilderness of his property?

Perhaps he flew to NY and got swallowed up by a sewer rat?

Perhaps he's just on vacation...as President are required to do.

said Baierman on September 10, 2008 6:18 PM.

PS - Love the flag.

said Baierman on September 10, 2008 6:18 PM.

Thanks...

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 10, 2008 6:35 PM.

As far as I know the only guy that was after him is that Koloniak guy from NY, who was not dangerous.

We're going to send a SWAT team to see if is that something wrong around his place.

But even if he's on a vacation, we need the VP to take place in the meantime.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 10, 2008 6:38 PM.

I think that it just makes sense to have CLC in charge until Dave returns. She'll definitely kick some ass. Let's make it so ... any objections from others?

Echo, did he leave any forwarding information on the nightstand before heading off for vacation? Do we need to redirect the Fossett search team?

said Tim on September 10, 2008 7:44 PM.

[Sorry for the late response. I'm just now reading this]

If I'm made temporary President of the UNNA, then I will need the following:

Leo: 24 hour security for myself and my family. God forbid if something bad happened to Dave, but I don't want to meet a similar fate as acting president.

Tim: I need a Secretary of State. You in? As a woman, I can't go over to Egypt and talk "oil and politics", and they not take me seriously. You don't take any shit either, and you're style is smooth.

entantao - Why the distrust? It's not like my teenage daughter is pregnant or my middle name is Hussein. What gives?

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 11, 2008 5:31 PM.

You know what, I think that I just might accept a Secretary of State position. That might just fit my style ... thanks for the honor of your consideration.

Perhaps I can offer some insight regarding Entantao's comments. You see, at first view, your moniker is slightly troubling. It seems wishy-washy (if I may use that), like you want to maintain the option of changing your mind and going in any direction at any time. It implies that you are a liberated woman, not beholden to any one person, thought, religion or political cause. Now that's fine, mind you, except it doesn't seem consistent with someone in a position of decision-making power ... one where you need to make a decision simply on instinct and stick to your guns. Additionally, the '_08' designation at the end of your moniker further indicates that you may change into someone completely different in the New Year, or simply that you reserve that right to change views in '_08' to something completely different in '_09'.

So, with that long-winded explanation, can you see where there might be some concern based upon seeing the monikor alone?

Now, for those of us that have come to know and love you over these months, we are well aware of your level-headedness and determination to stick to what's best for everyone. Sure, there are occassionally opinionated comments, but they are still within social acceptability. (If one can't be arrogant and opinionated online, where can one be?)

Besides, you're a great Mom, so I think you'll make a great President.

said Tim on September 11, 2008 6:35 PM.

The new SWAT teams are arriving CLC. Full protection 24/7.

Tim will get a new staff too. He'll need more security with his new charges.

I understand why etantao got a foot behind you. I don't agree, but understand. I think that it's nothing personal with you, but facing all the events that are happening in the moment, we may be safe.

I believe that the UNNA are in good hands.

"Quoniam nos orator"

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 12, 2008 8:42 AM.

The "08" is simple. I forgot my login information for ConservaLiberCrat and had to create a new one.

My handle is indicative of my political beliefs. I'm conservative in some areas (taxes, the Obama/Cosby message, etc.), and I'm liberal in other areas (legalizing marijuana [no, it's not why you think], freedom of speech, respecting our environment and our privacy as individuals, etc.) Some call that wishy-washy, but I think it's a more realistic approach to issues that will continue to change based on the current circumstance (I was much liberal about our foreign policy before 9/11/2001).

Another example: Upper (and some middle) class citizens were screaming for welfare reform, claiming 'neglegent and irresponsible parents' (I'm paraphrasing) were a burden on our society. They argued that the people in need made bad decisions, and got what they deserved for having babies that they could not afford, and that it wasn't fair for working people to bail them out. Ironically, these are the same people who need a similar handout today (mortgage lenders, banks, "Enron-esque" corporations) *from the same tax dollars*, because of 'neglegent and irresponsible' corporate leadership, bad decisions, etc. The way I see it, there's always going to be some sort of financial 'burden' on society, hence the need for taxation with a realistic and efficient approach to the current circumstance.

But enough about all of that boring stuff. My affiliation with UNNA is based on the things that really matter. Things like "Jesse Jackson's Law" as punishment for pedophilia. The Ocatagon Cage, and "Black Books" syndication in the States (that's a funny ass show). Every fat woman, man and child will be able to tie their shoes (by sending them to Echo's camp and embracing an organic tofu diet). Jeni Gump will protect us from Camel Toe and Muffin Top exposure. Leo will prop Language Violators in a corner. And most importantly, I'll need your assistance in finding Dave. Thank you Tim for your acceptance. It's an honor to have you aboard :-)

P.S. I'm still gonna give you hell about all things Arizona. It's all in love though.

said ConservaLiberCrat_08 on September 12, 2008 10:55 AM.

No explanation needed, but appreciated. I just thought that you might welcome a 'angled' perspective on your moniker. All in fun.

And regarding Arizona, I will always defend my alma mater and the place where I cut my teeth. I grew up in Illinois, moved to Arizona for college (stayed 25 years), and now live in Kentucky (which is awesome). My wife and I met, married and saw our three children born in Arizona, so it will always be home to me.

Regarding Dave, I am now 99% sure that he is very real, very much alive, but burned out on the whole 'blogging' thing. I really don't believe that any other scoundrels posting recently are really him, simply because of the slurs that I have read. I don't believe that fits his M.O. I have other reasons to believe this that I choose not to post here. Not trying to be mysterious ... just think that the guy deserves to have some privacy if he so chooses.

Of course, I could be a complete fool on the issue as well. Who Thomas/Coonery is, I don't know. I will say that I have seen that picture (or something very similar) before somewhere, but I can't seem to find it ... Google really needs to come up with the pic search that allows you to designate a pic file to search for and it return possible matches based upon a partial bitstream match. (Consider that idea patented!) I seem to remember that it is a student picture of some islamic terrorist or something like that. Who knows ...

said Tim on September 12, 2008 12:20 PM.

Tim-my brother works for Google and I gave him the search by image idea last year--so hopefully in some little corner of the Googleplex they are working on it. I don't need credit, I just want it to happen....

said sarcastic one on September 12, 2008 10:42 PM.

I was just having a little fun CLC besides if you have to move up we too go up one notch.

said etantao on September 12, 2008 11:21 PM.

Honestly, I would imagine the utility already exists somewhere. It's just not commercially available.

said Tim on September 13, 2008 12:53 PM.

It's (almost) available at google's picasa web albums.

I have just ran a research in my family albums in order to track the faces, and it had grouped right the faces of the same person in the whole albums.

Try to look at the feature on the picasa albums. The program run through your photos and selects what it thinks that is a face, and then it groups the similarities.
I was amazed on how right the faces selection was.

By the way, I'm not advertising for google. I'm afraid I helped them to add some records in their soon to be launched faces database, including names for the faces I identified.

1984, someone?

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 13, 2008 5:27 PM.

I would like to nominate myself as Secretary of Defense.

I Have the military experience, and I believe in solving Foreign policy issues through Violence and sarcasm in about a 2:1 ratio.

said Sheriff Pablo on September 18, 2008 4:45 PM.

Fine by me, Pablo.

said Leonardo Carvalho on September 18, 2008 6:01 PM.

Add a Reply

The
greatest
pop culture
blog on the
planet.

Or
maybe not.

New to YesButNoButYes?

YesButMailbag