YBNBY Logo

ornate line
Welcome to the YesButForum
user-pic

If I don't come back I wish you all the best.

In ten minutes I get on the bus that takes me out to do the Nevis high wire bungy. It's the 3rd biggest bungy jump in the world at 134m (439 feet), and I think I may just poo my pants.

27 Replies

I'm so jealous!
Take photos videos and send them along so we can write it up!

Good luck

said Baierman on January 2, 2010 5:45 PM.

I'll see if you can buy photos and junk bman, and I'll be sure to fire it through if I can.
I have done the taupo bungy before which was only 47metres and that was awesome, but right now the nerves are really starting to kick in.

said Frank the Tank on January 2, 2010 6:00 PM.

well, if you poo your pants on the way down, you will have shit yourself from the waist up. that might be a new record in pooing ones self. either way, i wish you the best of luck my friend.

said phatlard on January 2, 2010 6:20 PM.

And I am still alive.
BIGGEST. FUCKEN. RUSH. EVER.
Photos where purchased for a rotten big fee.
I'll fire them your way Bman when I'm by a computer again.

said Frank the Tank on January 2, 2010 7:13 PM.

Now that's a great way to kick off a new decade. Hella yeah mate!

said Chad on January 2, 2010 7:17 PM.

I'm also jealous. I would love to do that. Good job!

said Brother Bill on January 2, 2010 8:37 PM.

I envy you too, Frank. Can't wait to see the photos.

Wish I could have entered the new decade just like you. Congrats on surviving it!

said Leonardo Carvalho on January 2, 2010 8:58 PM.

Awesome Frank.

Congrats on surviving. I've done a few high fly jumps so I know that rush feeling well.

Can't wait to see the picts!

said Baierman on January 3, 2010 9:13 AM.

grats frank. i love your balls.

said phatlard on January 3, 2010 9:25 PM.

Damn, Frank, them must be some high-res photos if Phat can see your balls.

Niiiice.

said Tim on January 4, 2010 11:46 AM.

Tim, that's just the effect of the rapid deceleration.

said Brother Bill on January 4, 2010 12:46 PM.

I never thought about it, Bill ... but I suppose if the boys aren't strapped into the same harness as the rest of the body, they could be on an alternate deceleration path.

That could hurt.

said Tim on January 4, 2010 2:43 PM.

men and their balls ... sheesh ..

said alex on January 9, 2010 9:02 PM.

Speaking of balls, Love the new pic Alex. Your old one failed to show off the Grabtastic Booty.

said Sheriff Pablo on January 9, 2010 10:45 PM.

I'm told that a good pic gives perspective .. how would you know how long the hair was unless it had a relationship to the booty .. yeah yeah yeah ..

said alex on January 10, 2010 8:59 AM.

"Relationship to the booty"

Where do I sign up?

said Sheriff Pablo on January 10, 2010 10:53 AM.

*hands sp the special sign up sheet*

said alex on January 12, 2010 10:20 AM.

*fills in every slot on the list*

said Sheriff Pablo on January 12, 2010 7:34 PM.

Hey guys!
Rad weekends pt. 1 is done.

Rafting is great! It was bit less thrilling, according to the guys in the rafting company, because the river was about 25 feet over its usual level. It's been raining a lot here last month.
As an example: there is a bridge on the way where you can easily go under it, but we had to go to a margin, take the boats to the road, walk some yards and go back into the water. The river was passing almost over the bridge, and it would be unsafe in so many levels if we had tried to pass there.

I'll get the photos today --I hope-- so I can post 'em.

Next week: Pendulum, being dropped from 69 meters from splat-on-the-ground.

said Leonardo Carvalho on January 18, 2010 9:31 AM.

why is leo having rad weekends ?

said alex on January 19, 2010 7:29 PM.

I need it. I love the thrill.
Being a family guy makes it a bit hard to go out and have some dangerous fun. You start thinking too much about consequences, and how things that affect you will affect your wife and daughter.

There are a few pics here: http://bit.ly/6C5Qwc

said Leonardo Carvalho on January 20, 2010 6:15 AM.

i hop yo com bak frnk yo mi onlee frdn evrwn assls hri i glda jibo gon tho cus hi alswa pisn mi fo i hop yo poo yor pnts cs i poo ni min al ta tyme i pude in wlmrt once dam evrone al oh dam tha gi shit hsi pnts ahhhhhh stiksn my supr visr snd mi hom wit pa cus hi all dud ti not yor falt yor retrodid go hom clen yor assl i lov wlmrt

said Thomas on January 22, 2010 2:10 PM.

Frank, congrats on your jump. That's pretty cool. I'll assume you kept the undigested remnants of yesterdays lunch where it belonged instead of in your pants.

Leo, that looked like a fun ride! I think I could do whitewater rafting, no bungee for me though.

Thomas, sounds like you had an adventure also. Any day you can get sent home from work with pay, is a good day. Walmart rules!

said Ben Lurkin on January 22, 2010 2:43 PM.

Hey folks, here I am. I just have one thing to say about the Sky Coaster: If there's one around you, go for it.

Damn, that thing is absurdly scary AND funny.

Here you can see my brother and I, still smiling before being tied up: http://bit.ly/6vtb9q
Now we're tied and ready to be pulled up to the sky: http://bit.ly/8lPWHD -- and that's when you start thinking if you really want to do that.

And here's when we thought we were going to die...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNk7POE94n0

When it starts going up, you feel like you're going to be squeezed through the flying suit, looks like your shoulders are going to slip and then you'll dive and paint a red dot in the floor, and the feeling gets worse as the rope gets you higher and higher.
When we reached the top and received the OK sign to let go, it was like the blood had frozen in our veins. My brother was in charge of pulling the safety string, and he didn't think twice to do it. The faster you pull it, the better--at least I think.

The few seconds of free fall looked like an eternity and it seemed like the suit had gone free from the ropes and we had gone free from the flying suit. The only thing I could do was yell. Nothing else passes on your mind. When it starts the pendulum movement, it's the most amazing thing in the world. You start feeling safe again, you realize you're not going to die and our first reaction was laughing out loud and then I started to pretend I was Christopher Reeve and I had a red cap flapping in the wind.

I could barely feel my legs when we landed, I was still shaking a bit, but I'll do it again next time I go to the amusement park. Next time I'll buy the ticket in the last hours, so I can get the promotion: Pay $10 more and ride it twice.

You guys should really try it!

said Leonardo Carvalho on January 26, 2010 5:31 AM.

That is bad ass leo! The closest i've ever come to that is riding an "Ejector seat" at the carnival (google it if you don't know)

And at least you didn't make a deposit in your shorts.

said Sheriff Pablo on January 26, 2010 5:38 PM.

They have one of those on the gold coast in australia. I never had the balls to try it though. My parents went on it, said it was amazing.

said Evangeline on January 26, 2010 10:52 PM.

That's crazy, Sheriff! It's very thrilling and scaring because you keep on bouncing out of control!

I wanted to ride one that is similar, but you get tied by a belt and it jumps a bit less, but it started to rain cats and dogs and they had to close it. I left the city where it was in the next morning, so that night was my only chance.

said Leonardo Carvalho on January 27, 2010 5:25 AM.

Add a Reply

The
greatest
pop culture
blog on the
planet.

Or
maybe not.

New to YesButNoButYes?

YesButMailbag